Each year, the WISE Awards recognizes and promotes six innovative projects that address global education challenges and transforming communities. The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000 (Rs. 14,15,250 approx), and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels.
Who can apply?
The 2020 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
It is possible to apply for a WISE Awards on behalf of your own project, or to nominate another project for the WISE Award.
In order for the application form to be eligible, your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- Be submitted online by the official deadline
- In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 20, 2020, 13.00 GMT.
- The shortlisted Finalists will be announced in May 2020.
- Announcement of the six winners mid-October 2020.
- The six winners will be visited onsite by the WISE film team starting October 2020.
For any queries, e-mail: email@example.com