Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is organizing a 21-day winter school on Regional Integrated Assessment of Climate Change on Agriculture from January 30 to February 19, 2020. The proposed training aimed to describe climate change scenarios, projection of future climate, the potential impact of Climate Change on agriculture, climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
Approaches will be imported to consistently link state of the art climate scenarios to crop simulation models for assessing the climate change impact on crops and developing adaptation options for sustainable agriculture at a regional level.
The main objective of the present training is to emphasis on “Regional Integrated assessment of climate change on agriculture.” The participants will have ample opportunities to listen and interact with experts and faculties from on-campus and off-campus with outdoor visits.
- Climate variability and climate change projection
- Methods of downscaling future climate information and its applications
- Global and regional climate models for climate projects
- Dynamical Downscaling of Climate Information
- Generation of future climate using statistical techniques
- Assessing the impact of climate change on agriculture crop
- Assessing the impact of climate change on the water the sector
- Greenhouse gas emissions and Mitigation in Agriculture
- Visit to Clima Rice project basin
- Data overlay for multi-model export in crop simulations.
Who can Attend?
Faculties who are working in SAU’s/ ICAR institutions/ ICAR Research Scholars with cadre below the rank of Professor and not below the rank of Assistant professor or equivalent are eligible.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Upload the scanned copy of the application through the above portal and send duly signed copy to the Course Director.
- The application should be accompanied with a fee of Rs.50/- in the form of Indian Postal Order or Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, Directorate of Crop Management, TNAU, Coimbatore payable at State Bank of India, TNAU Branch, Coimbatore.
- The duly filled in application form must reach the Course Director on or before 31 December, 2019.
- Candidates are requested to send the application to Dr. V. Geethalakshmi Director (Crop Management), Directorate of Crop Management, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore – 641003.
Phone Number: 99433 95495
Email ID: email@example.com