The Centre for Public History, Srishti Institute of Art, Bangalore announces the third Winter School on ‘The Inner Life of Interviews: Oral history and Inter-subjectivity’ to be held from November 1 to 10, 2017 in Bangalore.
The Winter School, the first of its kind in India, began in 2013 with a focus on the role played by oral history in documenting social change. The last two editions of Winter School in Oral History were very successful.
This year’s Winter School will explore the modes of meaning making within a life story interview, delving deeper into the positions of interviewer and interviewee and the relationships formed between them.
The life story interview and the role of the interviewer have defined the field of oral history in significant ways and we seek to further examine the subjectivities that inform the practice. Some of the questions we seek to address are:
- How is an oral history interview different from other forms of interviewing?
- What shapes the dynamic between interviewer and interviewee?
- What are the ethical implications of engaging in such a practice?
- Have technological advancements blurred the boundaries between interviewer and interviewee?
This course will address these issues in a global context with examples from India and other South Asian countries, United States, and Italy.
The facilitators include eminent oral historians and scholars like Alessandro Portelli (Italy), Martha Norkunas (USA), Indira Chowdhury (India), Nina Sabnani (India), and Deepa Dhanraj (India) among others who will present latest research approaches through examples from their own work.
The Winter School aims to have 20-25 participants who will have the opportunity to discuss their projects with the faculty.
Deadline for Application
The last date for the submission of applications is September 30, 2017.
However, those who apply by September 10, 2017 will be eligible for a 15% discount on the fee, should they be selected.
- Corporate/Institutional: Rs. 35,000/$546/€462
- Professionals [International]: Rs. 25,000/$390/€330
- Professionals [Indian/SAARC]: Rs. 20,000/$312/€264
- Students [International]: Rs. 20,000/$312/€264
- Students [Indian/SAARC]: Rs. 12,000/$187/€158
The fee covers the cost of facilitators, reading materials, course handouts, and tea/coffee.
The fee does not include residential facilities, lunch, dinner, and local transportation.
How to apply
Fill in the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CA Site No. 21, 5th Phase, KHB Colony,
Yelahanka New Town, Bengaluru – 560064.
Phone number: +91 80 49000836
For details, please visit the official link given here.