The 4th winter school on “Neural Network and its Application in Optimization-based Control” will have extensive tutorials and practical hands-on experience, keeping in mind the participants who are not necessarily experts in control systems. It will also provide a timely update on the most recent developments in the area of machine learning-based optimization.
There will be a mutual exchange of knowledge between the participant and resource persons who are highly specialized in this area. It will help the participant to update their knowledge and widen their horizons in the field of optimization and optimal control.
The winter school focuses on upgrading the teaching, learning, analysis and research skills about the advances in optimization theory and the field of optimal control. This program will enrich the links between academia and industry and will enhance collaboration. It will also explore the optimization problem formulation and its applicability to Model Predictive Control.
- Deep Learning,
- Supervised Learning,
- Introduction to Artificial Neural Networks,
- Perception Networks for classification and regression,
- Loss functions Optimization – Unconstrained multivariable optimization.
- Gradient descent (GD),
- Gauss-Newton algorithm (GNA),
- Liebenberg Marquardt Algorithm (LMA).
- Backpropagation and Training Multilayer Perceptron (MLP) Networks.
- Stochastic Gradient Descent (SGD).
- Practical issues in Deep Learning – Data preprocessing,
- Hyper-parameter Optimization.
- Genetic algorithm (GA).
- Multiobjective optimization – NSGA II.
- Multivariable constraints optimization – KKT conditions,
- Quadratic programming, Gradient Projection.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members/Ph.D. Students/Research Scholars/Engineers from Industries/Public Sector undertaking and utilities are eligible to attend this program.
- Faculty of Academic Institute: Rs. 2000/-
- Participants from Industry: Rs. 3000/-
- PhD Students/ResearchScholars: Rs.1000/-
- No fees for IET members/-
The registration fees include registration kit, high tea, and working lunch. DD should be drawn in favor of Director, College of Engineering, Pune.
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- Candidates are requested to take a print out of the duly filled application, signed by the competent authority of institute/organization and bring along with you for the winter school.
- Please send the scan copy of the DD through email on or before November 25, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 9822888944
Email ID: email@example.com