About the Programme
Delhi State Legal Services Authority invites online applications for Winter Internship Programme – 2019-20 for law students of Law Universities/Col1eges of India.
Interns should be students studying in Law Schools/ Colleges/Universities of 2nd, 3rd and 4th Year of Five Year Course and 1st and 2nd Year of Three Year Course LL.B. Interns must be interested to work in legal services field and eager to learn and work for Legal Services.
Period of Internship
The internship period will be of 21 days.
Areas of Internship
- Delhi High Court
- Department of Family Welfare, GNCTD of Delhi
- Motor Accident Claim Tribunal
- Special Courts exercising jurisdiction over cases of Section 138 N.L Act
- Observation Homes for juveniles.
- Mental Health Institutions (IHBAS).
- Delhi Commission for Women
- Legal Services Clinics.
- Meditation Centres
- Family courts
- Labour Courts & Tribunals
- Juvenile Justice Boards
- Children Homes & Child Welfare Committees
- Civil & Criminal District Courts
- Lok Adalats
- Special Juvenile Police Unit, Delhi Police
- Police Stations/ Forensic Science Laboratory
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights/ Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- National Commission for Women/ Delhi Commission for women
- National Human Rights Commission
- National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission/ State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
- Old Age Homes
- Society for Promotion of Youth & Masses (SPYM)
- Door to Door Campaign
- To prepare publicity material on Legal Services and legal rights under various social welfare legislation for mass awareness.
- To generate legal literacy & legal awareness among the marginalized sections of society.
- To create an enabling environment where the poor, weaker, and vulnerable people can come forward for justice and equality.
- To develop a linkage between the people belonging to the peripheral section & legal aid.
- To understand the problems and challenges faced by certain sections because of social & economic barriers.
- To assist the needy in preparation of the application to access Legal Services.
- To promote Alternate Dispute Redressal Mechanism viz. Pre-Litigation Conciliation & Counseling, Lok Adalats, Mediation etc. with special emphasis on family & matrimonial matters.
How to Apply?
Students can apply online through this link from Nov 16, 2019, at 10:00 AM to Nov 30, 2019, at 5:00 PM. Furnishing of recommendation letter on the proforma prescribed by DSLSA duly signed by Dean/Principal/Faculty is mandatory.
Nov 30, 2019