Applications are now open for the Win-Win Gothenburg Sustainability Youth Awards 2020. The WIN-WIN Youth Award is an international award that aims to empower and reward young people who play an active role in the creation of a more sustainable future. We welcome contributions from individuals, organizations, and movements from all over the world, with members between the ages of 13 to 29.
Applicants to the WIN-WIN Youth Award should present a recent or ongoing project/work/initiative linked to the unique theme of the WIN-WIN Award 2020 –Biodiversity. The winner will be announced on the International Youth Day on August 12 and will be invited to receive the award at the WIN-WIN Award ceremony on October 22 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The issue of biodiversity is complex and has a bearing on a very wide range of conditions for life on Earth – everything from clean water, raw materials and food production to genetic variation, an inspiration for technical solutions and cures for diseases. We need solutions and initiatives in many areas to achieve Sustainable Development Goals numbers 14 and 15, which address ecosystems in the oceans and on land.
The jury for the WIN-WIN Gothenburg Sustainability Award has sought out individuals and organizations that have helped bring attention to and/or achieved improvements in biodiversity – locally, regionally or globally, and can now present five finalists.
The winner of the WIN-WIN Award will receive SEK 20,000 at the WIN-WIn Award Ceremony on October 22 in Gothenburg, Sweden. WIN-WIN Award will cover travel expenses to Gothenburg (economy class) for the winner and one more person.
- The contest is open to individuals and movements from all over the world with members age between 13 to 29.
- Applications to the WIN-WIN Youth Award should present a recent or ongoing project/ work/ initiative linked to the theme-biodiversity.
To be eligible for the WIN-WIN Youth Award 2020, applicants/ nominees must be between the ages of 13 and 29 and are required to satisfy minimum four of the following criteria:
- Impact: The project/ initiative has had a positive effect on biodiversity.
- Holistic approach: The project/ initiative should strive to balance environmental, social and economic outcomes.
- Creativity: The project/ initiative has been conducted in a creative and original way.
- Mobilization: The project/ initiative has brought people together.
- Innovation: The project/ initiative is new and innovative in its character.
- Scale: The project/ initiative has the potential for replication and scaling up.
- Raise awareness: The project/ initiative has contributed to raise awareness and disseminate knowledge about biodiversity.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply themselves or nominate other candidates by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 5, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.