The University of Michigan Library’s Special Collections Library invites applications for fellowships for research in residence. We will award as many as three William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships to support research projects that require substantial on-site use of the Joseph A. Labadie Collection during calendar year 2018.
The fellowships will provide funds for travel and housing for on-site research on any topic that is supported by the Labadie Collection. The amount of funding awarded will be based on the individual needs of the recipient(s).
Applications for support for all types of research projects — academic, creative, journalistic, etc. — will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
- Application deadline: September 15, 2017
- Notification of award: November 1, 2017
- Award must be used by December 21, 2018.
- Project proposal (500 words or fewer) describing the research topic and why Labadie Collection materials are central to the work. Please be as specific as possible.
- Budget of time needed and travel expenses (make note of regular closings)
- Two letters of support
- CV or resume
- Optional: previous research funding awards (amounts, source, project)
- Optional: personal statement (500 words or fewer) to further support your application
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a single attachment. The application evaluation process may include requests for further information, such as writing samples.
United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. There are no academic requirements.