The Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun invites applications to engage Project personnel (04 No.) purely on contractual basis under the project WII-NGS Source to Sea Plastic Expedition.
The contractual engagement shall be made for a period of 01 year which may be extended for a further period of 06 months and not beyond the project duration. The duration of the project is 18 months from March 2019.
The WII-NGS team is jointly undertaking ‘Source to Sea: Plastics Expedition’ project on River Ganga. The aim of the expedition is to better understand and document the characteristics and low of plastics in a river system: from the mismanaged plastic wastes on land, to the waterways, and to the ocean.
NGS’s Source to Sea expedition within the “Planet or Plastic?” initiative is an effort to better understand and document how plastic wastes travel from source to sea and to fill critical knowledge gaps and to validate the existing figures of plastic entering the ocean from the Ganga through identification of the route of plastic into the ocean.
The goals of this expedition are to:
- Collect representative data that form a baseline and can be used to inform local management, policies, businesses, organizations etc. in order to better target interventions that reduce and prevent plastic from entering the ocean in the first place.
- Develop a data collection framework that can be replicated in other parts of the world to
conduct similar assessments to inform intervention strategies.
- Identify and work with local communities, government, agencies, businesses, NGOs and
the media to ensure that scientific findings translate into actions.
- Use storytelling and communications to effectively engage the public, businesses and
other stakeholders to raise awareness and change behaviour.
- Project Fellow (Microplastic): Masters Degree (M.Sc/M.Tech) in Env. Science/Ecotox/Env.
Engg/Civil Engg/Life Sciences/Chemistry/Bio-tech with 1 year research experience.
- Project Fellow (Biology): Masters’ degree in Wildlife Sciences Forestry/ Environmental Sciences /Botany / Zoology / Life Sciences with 1 year research experience.
- Project Fellow (Conservation Education): Master’s Degree in Environment Science
or Environment Management or Wildlife Science or Related subjects with 1 year research
- Project Fellow (Socioeconomic): Masters’ degree in Sociology/Wildlife Sciences / Forestry / Environmental Science/ Management/Ecology/ Botany / Zoology / Agriculture with 1 year research experience.
Age limit as on 28.02.2019: 35 years
Consolidated monthly emoluments: Rs. 35,000/-
How to apply
All eligible and interested candidates shall report in the Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun campus at 9:00 am on 26th March 2019 with filled-in application in the prescribed format (Annexure I in the notification below) for screening of applications followed by written exam from 11.30 to 12.30 PM on the same day.
The interview of candidates will be conducted on the 27th March 2019 from 1500 hrs to next day (forenoon).
Ph: 0135-2646110, 2641433
For official notification and application form, click here.