The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun invites application over email followed by an online interview for engaging, one (01) Project Scientist-III, one (01) Senior Project Associate, and four (04) Project Associate-I, for a project on a purely contractual basis.
The Wildlife Institute of India is an internationally acclaimed Institution, which offers training programs for government and non-government personnel, academic courses, and advisory in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity-related issues.
The post details are given below.
1. Project-Scientist III (01)
- Doctoral Degree in Wildlife Science/ Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ related subjects with a minimum of seven years experience in research in academic Institutions or science and technology organizations and Scientific activities and services.
- Have publications in peer-reviewed journals, experience in GIS/ RS software such as ERDAS Imagine, QGIS & ArcGIS, strong modeling and data analytics skills, knowledge of coding in R and/ or Python, should have prepared research/ technical reports.
Rs. 78,000/- + HRA.
2. Senior Project Associate (01)
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Wildlife Science/ Zoology/ Botany/ Forestry/ Environmental Science or related subjects with ≥4 years experience in the relevant field.
- Have a good command of oral and written English, Previous experience in wildlife research/ biodiversity assessment/ impact assessment projects.
- Proven record of writing a technical report, publishing a popular and scientific article.
Rs. 40,000 +HRA
3. Project Associate-I (04) (One each for Birds & Mammals/ Vegetation/ Herpetofauna/ Entomofaun)
- Masters’ Degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Science/ Agriculture/ Environmental Sciences or related fields from a recognized University.
- Previous work experience of wildlife survey/ research experience in species identification, the natural history of
respective taxa (Birds & mammals/ Herpetofauna/ Vegetation/ Entomofauna).
Rs. 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through UGC-NET or GATE and Rs. 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under the above.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments, by email (with the subject line: “Application for the post of _______ in Project “Reassessment study for Amendment/ modification in the report on a management plan for sustainable mining in Saranda and Chaibasa forest division in west Singhbhum district of Jharkhand” to email@example.com not later than 1700 hrs on 20 January 2021.
The applications received after the deadline will also be rejected by the Institute. At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, his/ her candidature will not be considered.
For full notification, click the link below.