WHO (World Health Organization) is an agency of United States, which looks after the development of healthy living standards all across the world. It is playing major role in eradicating deadly diseases like Ebola, HIV, Small Pox, Malaria, etc.
WHO works along with the sovereign states and with the governments from all across the world to eradicate problem related to these deadly diseases.
WHO is providing opportunities to students from all across the world to be a part of their internship program.
This internship aims at giving an International exposure to the students from different parts of the world. It aims at building skills, expertise, command and knowledge in the minds of young seeds.
This internship will expose the interns to practical environment. This is an excellent opportunity to develop an understanding in health care, gender equality, hygiene and fieldwork.
This internship will also furnish a chance to work in the United Nations System and develop international contacts.
Who is it for
Open for students from all across the world. Anyone who is interested in decorating a profile with international experience, then this is an opportunity for them.
Qualified/suitable intern from the field of journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, international relations or related field with the following academic qualifications:
(a) enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
(b) enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); graduated with a university degree as defined in (a) and (b) above and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year after the graduation.
- Excellent general understanding of public health, gender, equity and other related issues
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite, and particularly in development of Powerpoint presentation materials
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or WHO in particular are an asset.
- Language: Proficiency in English; Knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (French, Portuguese and Spanish) would be an asset.
Note: WHO internship is not paid, it is voluntary and the expenses for living and accommodation is to be borne by the intern.
Last Date of Registration: November 10, 2017