Applications are open for Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program 2019 for Post-Secondary Education. Apply by April 30.
About the Western Union Scholarship Program:
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program also referred to as WU Scholars, is a program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue post-secondary education.
The WU Scholars program was created to help give young people a boost toward a better life. The Western Union Foundation believes education is the surest path to economic opportunity. Educational pursuits to gain knowledge and skills for in-demand, 21st-century careers are helping people all over the world climb the economic ladder.
The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US non-profit, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/ entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2019.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, Ph.D., JD, etc.
- The applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
Applicants will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community-Mindedness.
Selected scholarship recipients will receive Rs. 1,74,068 (USD $2,500) each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Application Period Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Selection and Notification to All Applicants: July 2019.
Click here to apply.