A series of online talks on the broad theme of “Mechanics of Materials” will be held on Wednesdays in the months of September to December 2020 by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.
These are detailed 45-60 minute talks, delivered by recognized experts in the field and are meant for active researchers in this area. The choice of topics reflects the diverse range of multi-disciplinary fields where advanced mechanics of solids has made a significant impact in recent years.
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in 1951. It is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
- Mechanics & Mechanisms of fracture of magnesium (September 16, 2020)
- A new and simple approach to rate-independent microplasticity and prediction of fatigue life (September 23, 2020)
- Maintaining order amongst disorder: fluctuations in the life of a cell (September 30, 2020)
- Modeling failure and fracture in soft materials (October 7, 2020)
- Multiscale modeling of failure in composite materials (October 14, 2020)
- Micromechanics, coarse-graining, and emergence in time (October 28, 2020)
- Multiscale Homogenization and Application to Metamaterials (November 4, 2020)
- Incoming: The Disruption of Asteroids (November 11, 2020)
- Hydrodynamic modeling of sand (November 25, 2020)
- Molecular dynamics of intrinsically-disordered proteins (December 2, 2020)
- Mechanical Logic via Metamaterials (December 16, 2020)
- Recent advances in Computational Methods in Fracture Mechanics (To be announced)
Interested candidates can access the zoom links for the webinars by clicking here.
All interested are welcome to attend. However, you need to register for each talk by clicking on the zoom link beside the title. The number of actual attendees is limited to 100. Talks will be archived for later viewing only if the speaker agrees. All talks and discussions will be moderated.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Course on Communication Happiness and Well being at IIT Kharagpur [Dec 7-13]: Register by Nov 15.