The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India is organizing Webinar on Showcasing Demonstrated Waste-To-Value Technologies on October 1 2020, from 4 pm onwards.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) is an Indian government department, under the Ministry of Science and Technology responsible for administrating development and commercialization in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India. It was set up in 1986.
Through several research and development projects, demonstrations, grants, and creation of infrastructural facilities a clear visible impact of this field have been seen. The department has made significant achievements in the growth and application of biotechnology in the broad areas of agriculture, health care, animal sciences, environment, and industry. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and demonstrated in the field.
- October 02, 2020, marks the 152nd Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the Nation, and an everlasting inspiration for a clean lifestyle and sustainable development.
- To commemorate this event, this webinar will showcase some of the technologies successfully demonstrated with support from DBT & BIRAC, that aim to contribute to the vision of Swachha Bharat.
- These include bio methanation, algal remediation, and other wastewater treatment technologies.
- The webinar is jointly being organized by DBT and DBT/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance.
- The speakers will discuss these technologies and their role in creating value from waste.
- Dr. Gangagni Rao Anupoju, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- Dr. Srikanth Mutnuri, BITS-Pilani, Goa Campus, Mormugao
- Prof. T R Sreekrishnan, IIT Delhi
- Dr. Shaon Ray Chaudhuri, Waste to Wealth Innovative Technologies LLP
- Dr. Sanjiv Sambandhan, Openwater.in
- Mrs. Swati Ranade, VIVIRA Process Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Vanita Prasad, REVY Environmental Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Madhuri Narra, Sardar Patel Renewable Energy Research Institute, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat
- Dr. Kabir Udeshi, FlyCatcher Technologies
- Ms. Swati Agarwal, GPS Renewables Cdr. Tarun Saxena (Retd), DESMI India LLP
To register for the webinar, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Acquire Positive Power in Life by NPC [Oct 7, 3 PM]: Registrations Open.