The National Institute of Disaster Management, Delhi, and UN Environment Program are jointly organizing a Global Webinar Series on Environment & Emergencies in the face of COVID-19, which will start from July 29, 2020.
The webinars will focus upon the readiness for and response to the environmental dimensions of emergencies, with a special focus on managing these challenges in the face of COVID-19.
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) is a premier institute for training and capacity development programs for managing natural disasters in India, on a national as well as regional basis.
The COVID-19 pandemic has only been the latest, very powerful wake-up call on the links between environment and emergencies. Disasters, crises, and the environment are intrinsically interconnected. Therefore, a key element of emergency response is the rapid identification and mitigation of environmental risks.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) have been partners for the past 25 years, supporting countries in strengthening their capacities to respond to the environmental dimensions of disasters and complex emergencies.
Webinar Topics & Details
- Webinar 1: Environment and emergencies: What you need to know in a pandemic context (29th July 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
- Webinar 2: Environmental coordination in emergencies: localization and lockdown challenges (19th August 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
- Webinar 3: Crisis waste management: COVID-19 and beyond (23rd September 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
- Webinar 4: Preparing for and responding to chemical risks: re-starting industry (14th October 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
- Webinar 5: Enhancing the sustainability of humanitarian action (25th November 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
- Webinar 6: What have we learned from past emergencies and future outlook? (16th December 2020, 14:00-15:30 CEST).
To register online for the webinar, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Fiscal Dominance by ISB, Hyderabad [Aug 7, 6:30 PM]: Registrations Open.