The Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Gujarat is organizing a webinar series on Astrobiology which will start from June 2, 2020, and will go on for a month.
The unforeseen circumstances that we are facing now due to the COVID19 pandemic have heavily affected the summer projects at various levels, especially for emerging research areas, such as astrobiology. It is imperative to keep up the momentum. Hence, PRL is organizing a webinar series of astrobiology lectures from international and national academics carrying out astrobiology research and teaching.
Astrobiology is one of the interdisciplinary areas of science that is rapidly evolving and has the potential to reveal the mystery that shrouds the Origin of Life. The research carried out in India in this transdisciplinary field is developing, and there is a lot of interest to engage in astrobiology research at various levels.
List of Speakers
- Charles Cockell, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Chris McKay, NASA, USA.
- Nigel Mason, University of Kent, UK.
- Karen Olsson, The Open University, UK.
- Rebecca Thombre, Modern College, India.
- Hugh Hill, International Space University, France.
- Sudha Rajamani, IISER, Pune, India.
- Ravikumar Hosamani, UASD, Dharwad, India.
- Charles Cockell – 2nd June 2020 – Time 2:30 PM (IST)
- Chris McKay – 9th June 2020 – Time 10 AM (IST)
- Karen Olsson – 16th June 2020 – Time 2:30 PM (IST)
The schedule of more talks with date and time will be posted in due course.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The series of talks will begin on 02 June 2020 and will go on for more than a month. The registration for the webinar is limited to 150 participants, to whom a link to the webinar will be shared a day before the scheduled talk.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Basics of Share Market by Progressio Alas [May 29, 5:00 PM]: Registration Open.