About the Organiser
Bankura University was established by an Act of the West Bengal legislature on 2013. It is an affiliating university in Bankura district of West Bengal, India. It offers courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
About the Webinar
The International Webinar on Pandemic and Social Work Profession is organised by Bankura University, West Bengal from Aug 28-29, 2020.
The webinar especially focuses on how social work profession intervenes in the crisis caused by COVID-19 and the challenges the social work practitioners face in course of their interventions among various sections of the population directly or indirectly affected by the pandemic. It also becomes imperative to explore how the profession, as well as its pedagogy, evolves in response to this extraordinary situation we are confronted with.
Call for Paper
Papers are invited on the following themes from academicians, scholars, health practitioners, social activists, social work professionals and students. Participants from diverse disciplines and backgrounds will be encouraged. Themes are indicative not exhaustive. Selected papers presented in the webinar will be published as an e-book by Bankura University.
- Social work intervention during pandemic
- Social work practice and ethical dilemmas
- Interface between social work profession and support systems
- Crisis intervention and professional innovation
- Mental Health and well-being
- Stress, stigma and well-being
- Loneliness and lockdown
- Psychological impact of COVID-19
- Women and pandemic
- Impact of COVID-19 on women
- Women’s role in fighting COVID-19
- Pandemic and motherhood
- Pedagogy and profession
- Technology driven teaching-learning process
- Challenges and opportunities for Social Work profession
- E-learning: Exploring the new vistas
The abstract shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject line of “International Webinar on Pandemic and Social Work Profession.”
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the webinar through this link.
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: 20th August 2020
- Intimation of acceptance: 23rd August 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 25th August 2020
- Full-paper submission deadline: 25th August 2020
Convenors: Nirupam Hazra
For more details, click the link below.