Department of Earth Sciences Pondicherry University invites students to a Webinar on Ore Deposits and Ore Forming Processes on 4-7 Sept 2020. This webinar is an attempt to reach out to all post-graduate students studying geology related courses in various universities and colleges across the country.
It aims to provide an additional opportunity of learning some core concepts. This is the first in the series of webinars that are being planned.
Topics & Date
- September 4, 2020: 5:00 to 7:00 PM, Ore deposit types and ore forming processes
- September 5, 2020: 5:00 to 7:00 PM, Magmatic deposits
- September 6, 2020: 5:00 to 7:00 PM, Hydrothermal deposits
- September 7, 2020: 5:00 to 7:00 PM, Sedimentary and supergene deposits
Prof. M.S. Pandian: Professor of Geology with interest in teaching Economic Geology and research on understanding ore forming processes. Actively engaged in ore geology research on diverse types of hydrothermal deposits with a team of mentors and students, and in updating knowledge of alumni across all batches passed out from 1997 onwards.
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- Registered participants will receive the webinar link and will be awarded e-certificates on successful completion.
Dr. S. Lasitha