Registrations are open for Webinar on Dealing with Online and Blended Education in Modern Challenging Times by IIM Calcutta on 5 March 2022.
About the Webinar
This webinar aims to discuss issues, challenges, and impacts of online teaching-learning alongside the consequences of using hybrid education systems in a pandemic-affected world. The conference shall focus on themes related to multiple stakeholders and educational outcomes across all levels of education: pre-schooling, primary and secondary schooling, vocational and technical education, and tertiary education.
The webinar endeavors to explore and discourse questions such as:
- What are the advantages and benefits of online and blended modes of learning?;
- What are the current challenges faced by both students and teachers due to the introduction of online or blended education?;
- What are the different types of policies and initiatives that have been undertaken by the countries worldwide to single out the challenges faced by students and teachers while converting from the traditional pedagogical approach to online and blended teaching-learning?;
- What is the optimal blend of online and offline teaching and learning, at what time does online mode of teaching or learning perpetuate learning inequalities rather than addressing them?;
- Should blended learning be considered as the future of education, and will it turn out to be beneficial for both students and teachers?
- Title: Dealing with Online and Blended Education in Modern Challenging Times
- Date: Saturday,March 5, 2022
- Time: 8:30 AM – 4.00 PM IST
Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- Opening Session: Manisha Chakrabarty (Editor-in-Chief of Decision, IIMC) [Duration: 5 minutes] – [IST: 8.30-8.35 am]
- Keynote Session: Learning Losses and Learning Recovery in times of COVID-19, Dr. Harry A Patrinos (Practice Manager, Education, the World Bank) [Duration: 45 minutes for talk and 10 minutes for Q&A] – [IST: 8.35-9.30 am]
- Paper Presentations I – [IST: 9.30-10.45 am] Chair: Prof Tanika Chakraborty, IIM Calcutta
- Blended mode of Teaching in Agriculture Bachelors’ Degree Program under COVID pandemic – A Path Less Travelled by Bidisha Mondal, Ph.D The Neotia University KOLKATA, West Bengal INDIA
- IMPACT OF PEDAGOGICAL CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT EDUCATION POST COVID-19: A COMPARATIVE STUDY by Kedarnath Thakur XLRI Xavier School of Management INDIA
- An analysis of business students’ stressors and their coping strategies in the postpandemic era by Huma Akram, PhD Northeast Normal University. China.
- Paper Presentations II – [IST: 11.15-12.30 pm] Chair: Prof Saikat maitra, IIM Calcutta
- The Digital Divide, Gender and Education – Challenges for Tribal Youth in Rural Jharkhand During Covid-19 by Kumari Vibhuti Nayak, Ph.D. Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta Kolkata, West Bengal INDIA
- Digital Labour of School Teachers and their Wellbeing: Content analysis of EnglishLanguage dailies in India by Devi Priya S, Doctoral Fellow Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Kolkata, West Bengal INDIA
- Is India Ready to Accept an EdTech-intensive System in Post Pandemic Times? An Analytical Review of Present Situation and Current Policies by Rohit Kumar Nag, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Kolkata, West Bengal INDIA
- Expert Presentations and Panel Discussion: Educational challenges faced in a pandemic-ridden world, role of Online and Blended Education, and essential policies/programs used to curb them.
- Bjoern Hassler (EdTech Hub)
- Tom Crick (Swansea University)
- Wilima Wadhwa (Pratham India)
- Rajnish Kumar (Ministry of Education, India)
- Moderator: Aditi Bhutoria (IIMC)Panel Discussion: Way Ahead for Policy and Research [Duration: 30 minutes],
Q&A [Duration: 15 minutes] – [IST: 2 – 3.45 pm]
- Concluding Remarks: Future Horizons – Manisha Chakrabarty (Editor-in-Chief of Decision, IIMC) – [Duration: 15 Minutes] – [IST: 3.45 – 4 pm].
Click here to view the official notification of Webinar on Dealing with Online and Blended Education in Modern Challenging Times by IIM Calcutta.
You may also be interested in: