About the Webinar
Global actions now will determine the course of maternal and newborn health for the next decade and the health and lives of future generations. Essential health services, including high-quality maternal and newborn health care must be sustained and further strengthened to withstand shocks like COVID-19, in order to protect the lives and health of women and children and progress towards our global commitments to women and children.
This launch webinar will be a practical discussion on how to sustain and improve high-quality maternal and newborn health care, an essential health services to protect the lives and health of women and children. Increased coverage of care for four targets by 2025 is essential to reach the Sustainable Development Goals, and the attainment of the Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health, and universal health coverage for all.
The focus of this webinar is as follows:
- Present new Every Newborn Coverage Targets to 2025 and corresponding Milestones by 2025
- Hear from Ministries of Health and partners on what is needed to support countries to achieve the Coverage Targets by 2025
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, WHO
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Professor Joy Lawn, Executive Director, Professor of Maternal, Reproductive & Child Health & Director of March Center, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Martina Baye, Coordinator of the Multisectoral Program to Combat Maternal, Newborn and Child Mortality, Ministry of Health, Cameroon
- Dr Luwei Pearson, Chief of Health (Acting), UNICEF
- Dr Anshu Banerjee, Director, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, and Aging, WHO
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the webinar through this link.
For more details, click the link below.