The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India is organizing a Webinar on key elements of COVID-19 Vaccine development – Challenges and Mitigation on December 31, 2020 from 11 am onwards.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) is an Indian government department, under the Ministry of Science and Technology responsible for administrating development and commercialization in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India. It was set up in 1986.
Through several research and development projects, demonstrations, grants, and the creation of infrastructural facilities a clear visible impact of this field have been seen. The department has made significant achievements in the growth and application of biotechnology in the broad areas of agriculture, health care, animal sciences, environment, and industry. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and demonstrated in the field.
- Session Moderator: Dr Kavita Singh, Mission Director, National Bio-pharma Mission
- 1100 – 1105 hrs: Welcome by Dr Alka Sharma, Adviser, DBT
- 1105 – 1115 hrs: Opening remarks by Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology & Chairperson BIRAC
- 1115 – 1125 hrs: Opening remarks for Regulatory framework for COVID-19 vaccine development by Dr V G Somani, Drugs Controller General of India
- 1125 – 1140 hrs: The Novel SARS-CoV-2 Virus – As we Know by Prof G Padmanaban, Former Director, IISc, & NASI-Platinum Jubilee Senior Scientist, IISc
- 1140 – 1155 hrs: Conventional platforms and types of COVID-19 Vaccines by Dr Raghavan Varadarajan, Professor, Molecular Biophysics Unit Indian Institute of Science
- 1155 – 1210 hrs: Novel platforms and types of COVID-19 Vaccines by Prof Shahid Jameel, Director, Trivedi School of Biosciences, Ashoka University
- 1210 – 1225 hrs: Path to Vaccine Development by Prof. Gagandeep Kang, Professor, Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, CMC Vellore
- 1225 – 1300 hrs: Moderated discussions and interventions by the participants
- 1300 hrs: Vote of Thanks by Dr Shirshendu Mukherjee, Mission Director, Grand Challenges India – BIRAC.
To register for the webinar, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.