About the Organiser
Diamond Harbour Women’s University is a women’s university in Diamond Harbour, West Bengal. Established in 2013, it is the state’s first women’s university which will impart education in humanities and basic sciences.
About the Webinar
The Two-Day International Webinar on Innovation in Disaster Risk Reduction is organised by the Department of Geography, Diamond Harbour Women’s University in collaboration with IGU Commission on Hazard and Risk, International Geographical Union (IGU) from Sep 10-11, 2020.
The webinar hopes to provide a platform for sharing critical understanding, research findings and innovative ideas on disaster risk reduction and to promote interaction among scientists, policymakers and practitioners to make this world a safer place through innovative, inclusive disaster management strategies.
- Perceptions of natural hazards, disasters, vulnerability and risk
- Environmental pollution and ecology: From Biodiversity conservation perspectives
- Climate change, global warming and catastrophes
- Demographic vulnerabilities and associated hazards
- Health hazards and epidemics: Communicable disease perspectives
- Geological, meteorological and hydrological hazards and risk
- Applicability of RS and GIS in risk assessment
- Facets of disaster Preparedness
- Contemporary strategies for disaster risk management
- Resilience to hazards and disasters: Ways forward
To submit abstracts, click here.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the webinar through this link.
- Last date for submission of abstract: Aug 30, 2020
- Last date for online registration: Aug 30, 2020
- Notification for abstract acceptance: Sep 4, 2020
+91 9735163186 (Dr. Kapil Ghosh)/ +91 9831232726 (Dr. Anindya Basu)
For more details, click the link below.