About the Webinar
Plastics constitute a very important segment of Indian economy and are a facilitator of large number of industries. The COVID-19 outbreak has severely impacted the lives of individuals and the way governments and businesses operate.
Due to this deadly virus, stock up on necessary supplies such as medicines, dairy products, food, sanitizers, face masks, disinfectants, and many more has been in high demand. All these products require packing, and their production has been higher than ever before. The consumers and customers around the world prefer packed products rather than initially available and sold lose products such as fruits, vegetables, etc.
To highlight and discuss the major impacts and implications of COVID-19 felt by the Plastics industry, FICCI with the support of CIPET and PlastIndia Foundation is organising a Webinar on ‘Impact and Implications of COVID19 on Plastics Industry & Way Forward’. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Hon’ble Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Shipping & Hon’ble Minister of State, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India has consented to be the Chief Guest for the webinar. There will also be the presence of senior officials from central and state government.
Some of the key discussion points of the webinar are:
- Impact of COVID 19 on Plastic industry
- Strategies to overcome challenges due to COVID19
- Converting challenges to opportunities
- Make In India for AtmaNirbhar Plastic Industry & focus on import substitution
- Responsibility to transition to a circular economy
- Supporting the government’s vision for making the manufacturing sector USD 1trillion economy
- Attracting investments for the industry
Date: 16 July 2020
Time: 3 PM- 4:30 PM
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Rinky Sharma, Senior Asst. Director
E: rinky.sharma[at]ficci.com/ cpc[at]ficci.com
Saumak Mitra, Asst. Director
E: Saumak.mitra[at]ficci.com/ cpc[at]ficci.com