About the Organiser
Public Concern for Governance Trust (PCGT) is a registered trust founded by Mr. Julio Ribeiro, Dr. R.K. Anand and late Mr. B.G. Deshmukh to increase public participation and activism towards creating a more transparent and efficient governance system.
Vaze Model United Nations was established in the year 2017 by the then 12th Grade students who wished to bring about change in our college. They wanted to give something back to the college that was shaping them to become the leaders of tomorrow. Hence developing a cycle which accelerated their curiosity to learn and explore more about politics and international relations. Vaze MUN has expanded tremendously ever since, and now we are back with our fourth edition taking place on 31st October and 1st November 2020.
About the Webinar
- Topic: Fake News in Digital Era
- Date:24th October 2020
- Time: 6 to 7 PM
- Platform: Zoom
- The link to join the meeting will be shared on the registered email of the attendees as well as on the WhatsApp group in accordance with the registration procedure.
- Brief instructions about the online platform will be provided therewith.
- Participation Fee: Free
- Deadline: Upon reaching 400 unique registrations.
- A day prior to the lecture the meeting link and instructions with regards to MS Teams will be shared on the WhatsApp group and registered email ID
- Ms. Kavitha Iyer has been a prominent name in the field of journalism for over two decades now. She was overseeing city news coverage in 2008 when the terror attacks took place. Ms. Iyer has in recent years written on rural distress, agrarian issues, land rights and the state of the rural economy. She has traveled extensively through Marathwada to report on the drought.
- She worked on ‘187 Lives’, a special project by The Indian Express documenting the lives of each of those killed in the 7/11 train bombings in Mumbai in 2006. These articles were subsequently compiled into a book in 2007. She also contributed to a book on the 26/11 terror attack published by The Indian Express and Rupa in 2009.
- She was a National Foundation for India media fellow in 2007-08 and completed a year-long project studying Dharavi and its people in the backdrop of the proposed multi-crore slum redevelopment project.
- She has a book to be published very shortly by Harper Collins which focuses on agrarian distress in Marathwada.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the webinar through this link.
Tanmay Patil – +919702080889
Dimple Jangid- +919967555760