In the wake of battle against the coronavirus pandemic, IIT Jammu, IIT Madras, and Fortis Memorial Research Institute Haryana are organizing a Webinar on Engineer’s Role in Fighting the Battle against COVID-19 on May 8, 2020, from 10 am to 12 pm.
- An initiative from the engineering society to explicitly address the essential healthcare challenges.
- Involve institutions/local industries to meet healthcare demand.
- Invite academicians to improvise the essential devices and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Develop cost-effective engineering solutions to fight Covid-19.
- Manage emotions, stress, and mental health during and after Covid-19.
- Manoj S. Gaur, Ph.D., Director, IIT Jammu (10:00 -10:15 AM)
- Dr. Sandeep Dewan, Director, and HoD, Critical Care Medicine ECMO, FMRI (10:15 -10:30 AM)
- Vinod Kushvaha, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering, IIT Jammu (10:30-10:45 AM)
- G. Balaganesan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, IIT Jammu Sr. Technical Officer, IIT Madras (10:45 – 11:00 AM)
- Amit K. Singh, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, IIT Jammu (11:00 – 11:15 AM)
- Ankit Kathuria, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering, IIT Jammu (11:15 – 11:30 AM)
- Rajendra Varma, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering, IIT Jammu (11:30 – 11:45 AM)
- Amitash Ojha, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Jammu (11:45 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Q & A session (12:00 – 12:15 PM)
- About Covid-19 Pandemic disease
- Major engineering challenges faced by health care
- Aid for Covid-19 pandemic from the engineering community
- Supporting and protecting devices for medical practitioners/frontline warriors to fight with the virus during the treatment/interaction with infected patients.
- Assistance provided by IIT Jammu.
- Overview of devices being developed across India: Ventilators, Intubation boxes, PPE- shield, gloves, and touchless devices.
- Active ongoing endeavors at IIT Jammu.
- Post Covid-19 planning for mobility and mass transportation systems.
- Touchless future devices – during and post Covid-19.
- Manage emotions, stress and mental health during and post Covid-19.
Local industries, healthcare professionals, engineers, manufacturing professionals, municipality corporation, and front line warriors. IIT Jammu will act as a nodal center to connect healthcare professionals, academic institutions, municipality corporations, and local industries to fight the current challenges in fighting the virus.
Interested candidates can register for the webinar by clicking here. The webinar will begin on 8th May 2020 from 10 am and will end by 12:15 pm.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Effect of Pharmaceutical Price Regulation: Evidence from India by IIM Ahmedabad [June 5, 3 PM]: Registrations Open.