The Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, is organizing a Webinar on Electrochemistry-Fundamentals & Its Applications on October 14, 2020, from 10 onwards.
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela is an institution of national importance funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. NIT Rourkela was established as Regional Engineering College (REC) on August 15, 1961. It is one of the premier national level institutions for technical education in the country. The main objective of the institute is to produce quality engineers and scientists in graduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels in various branches of Engineering and Science.
NIT Rourkela was ranked 601-800 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018 and 126th in Asia. In India, it was ranked 16 among engineering colleges by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019. It has maintained its ranking of 16 among all the NIRF ranked Indian engineering institutes.
Electrochemistry deals with chemical reactions that involve electron transfers and the changes that are associated with the passage of electrons or electric current. It involves a detailed study of the chemical changes that are induced by passing current as well as the generation of electrons and current by chemical reactions. The electrochemistry is, thus, an interaction between the electrical energy and the chemical changes. The fundamentals of electrochemistry introduced a variety of concepts related to research and analysis.
These concepts include a variety of methods that are utilized in electrochemistry for measurements and analysis of electrochemical processes. The knowledge of electrochemistry can increase the horizon of investigations for researchers of various areas such as chemical, mechanical, metallurgical engineering as well as material sciences.
- Introduction to Electrochemistry and different electrochemical techniques.
- Insight on various applications of electrochemistry in Engineering.
- Prof. Arindam Sarkar: Prof. Arindam Sarkar is the Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. His research expertise includes Fuel cells, Electrocatalysis, Electrochemistry of nanomaterials and materials. Prof. Sarkar is the recipient of Ramanujan fellowship and is currently carrying research work in nanomaterials electrocatalysis. He has got highly cited research papers under his authorship.
- Prof. Rajib Bandyopadhyay: Prof. Rajib Bandhyopadhyay is affiliated to the Department of Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering at Jadavpur University, Kolkata. His research interests spans over Sensor development, biomimetic devise development; like electric nose, electric tongue. etc. He has highly cited research papers and books under his authorship.
Who can Attend?
Registration is open to all faculty members, researchers, students and scholars in all disciplines of engineering, sciences and relevant disciplines.
- Students: Rs. 100
- Faculty/ Industry Fellow: Rs. 300
Please transfer the fee amount to the following bank account details: A/c name: CONTINUING EDUCATION NIT ROURKELA; A/c no.: 10138951784; IFSC Code: SBIN0002109.
To register for the webinar, click here.
Dr. Adhidesh S, Kumawat,
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Rourkela – 769008,
Phone Number: 8619767220
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Business & Biodiversity by NPC [Oct 8, 3 PM]: Registrations Open.