The National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training & Research (NITTTR), Kolkata is organizing a Webinar on Construction & Maintenance of Sustainable Rural Roads on July 31, 2021.
National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training & Research (NITTTR), Kolkata was established in 1965 as Technical Teachers’ Training Institute (TTTI), Calcutta. This was the first among four such institutes (the other three being at Chandigarh, Bhopal & Chennai) established by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India as fully centrally funded autonomous institutions for providing pre & in-service training to the teachers and staff of Degree and Diploma level training institutions and also for conducting various activities related to quality improvement of the technical education system of the country.
The webinar is going to address the sustainability aspects of transportation infrastructure. This area has been relevant and contemporary, particularly in the construction and maintenance of rural roads. The webinar intends to cover a wide range of topics that include an overview of rural roads and traffic issues, road design and materials, and soils problems and mitigation. The deliverables would follow subject area-based modules as outlined in the program schedule section.
- Traffic issues in Rural Roads – Prof. Sudip K Roy, IIEST, Shibpur
- Administrative set up and related issues – Prof. U. C. Kumar, NITTTR, Kolkata
- Design of pavement structure – Prof. Tapas K. Roy, IIEST, Shibpur
- Pavement materials and distress – Dr. Pritam Saha, IIEST, Shibpur
- Soils problems and mitigation – Prof. Jagat Jyoti Mandal, NITTTR, Kolkata
To register for the webinar, click here. The last date to register is July 29, 2021.