The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi is organizing a Webinar on Seeing Through Misinformation: Combating the Fake News Online on August 7, 2020, from 11 am onwards.
The fake news epidemic makes it imperative to develop a diagnostic framework that is both parsimonious and valid to guide present and future efforts in fake news detection. This webinar will represent one of the very first attempts to fill a void on this topic so that a comprehensive policy document could be published.
The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- About the rise of fake news, particularly those information behaviors that perpetuate its spread
- Learn ways to identify fake news
- What misinformation is spreading? How it spreads?
- What impact does it create on humans and society?
- Role of Educational Institutions, Government, Technology Companies, News Industry
- How to choose authentic and reliable information?
A panel of experts drawn from the Government of India, multi-lateral organizations, and academia will convene the webinar to address the most pressing societal challenges in the 21st century.
Interested candidates can register for the webinar by clicking here.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Entrepreneurship Opportunities in Photography & Media by NPC [Aug 5, 11 AM]: Registrations Open.