The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), Delhi is organizing a Webinar on Coastal Ecosystems: Sustainable Livelihoods and Protection from Climate Change on February 2, 2021 from 11:30 am onwards.
The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
Through this webinar following points can be discussed:
- To restore the ecological balance by including ecological considerations into coastal planning and governance that can lead to enhancement of the resilience of the natural coastal ecosystem and thereby, increase the diversity of coastal livelihood.
- Adopting the principles and practices of Integrated Coastal Management while aiming at sustainable development goals.
- Discussing case studies/ success stories of Union territories/Coastal Cities to mitigate climate change.
- Shri Yashvir Singh, Economic Advisor, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change. Government of India
- Shri Damodhar A.T., IFS. Secretary of Departments of Environment & Forest, Animal Husbandry, and Labour Employment & Training., U.T.of Lakshadweep, Kavaratti (*to be confirmed)
- Shri K. Kalamegam, Addl. Project Director, Puducherry Integrated Coastal Zone Management Society, DST&E – Puducherry.
To register for the webinar, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.