About the University
Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University is a State university in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The first University of its kind, which also provides accessible and quality higher education to differently-abled students, in a completely barrier-free environment. We are unique, much different from others.
About Constitutional Law Society
The Constitutional law Society, Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow is established in 2019 by Mr. Sharad Trivedi in faculty of Law to explore new areas of Constitutional Law and to encourage other students to explore new areas of constitutional law. The society mainly focuses on providing best knowledge of Constitutional Law by the medium of Lectures, seminars and interactive sessions of Judges, advocates, Professors and other Legal Luminaries.
About the Webinar
Constitutional Law Society is organizing a webinar on the topic “Climate Change and the Constitution”. The webinar will be hosted primarily on Microsoft Teams and will also be live-streamed on YouTube. No prior registrations are required.
- Date: 27th September 2020
- Time: 5:00PM (IST)
About the Speaker
- Dr. Heather Katharine Allansdottir is a Faculty Member of the Law and Social Sciences Department at Bifröst University and a researcher of constitutional law and human rights law.
- She is a dual British-Australian citizen, and has a doctorate from Oxford University in comparative constitutional law and an MA in human rights law from the University of Bologna and University of Sarajevo.
- She has worked for human rights NGOs in Amman, Berlin and London and worked with grassroots human rights activists in Sarajevo and Cairo. She has worked as a journalist and a researcher of human rights in the Balkans, former Soviet Union, Middle East and Australia.
- She has also published a book on freedom of expression in 2013 and her books on polar law, and comparative constitutional law, are both forthcoming. Her journalism has been published in The Guardian, Al Jazeera, Foreign Policy and elsewhere, focusing on human rights, women’s rights, social justice and equality. She is currently based between Iceland, Australia and the United Kingdom.
How to Join?
Interested participants can join the webinar through this link.