The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi is organizing a Webinar on Clean fuel for Cooking: Solution to achieve better air quality from 4 pm to 5:30 pm.
The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
TERI has been consistently working towards supporting the Government of India’s efforts for clean air and access to clean cooking. In September 2019, we had organized a Round-Table which brought together experts to delve upon the prospective solutions for advancing the use of clean cooking fuels and equipment in the residential sector.
A major focus of the event was on the LPG fuel and its use in poor households as a prospective solution for addressing the challenge of indoor and ambient air pollution. Further, as an outcome of the event, we had published a discussion paper entitled “Clean fuel for cooking: Solution to achieve better air quality”.
As a follow-up of the above and to have a discourse on the progress of work during the last one year and the next steps, we are convening a webinar entitled “Clean fuel for cooking: Solution to achieve better air quality” on September 29, 2020.
The speakers of the webinar are as follows:
- Dr. Abhishek Kar, Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University
- Mr. Sunil Mathur, Executive Director, LPG, Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Ms. Nidhi Prabha Tewari, Senior Social Sector Specialist, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Govt. of India
- Dr. Debajit Patil, Director, Rural Energy, and Livelihoods
- Dr. Sumit Sharma, Senior Fellow and Director, Earth Science and Climate Change Division, etc.
Interested candidates can register for the webinar by clicking here.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Webinar on Developing Staff for Executive Leadership by NPC [Sep 30, 2:30 PM]: Registrations Open.