About the Organiser
The University of Burdwan (also known as Burdwan University or B. U.) is a premier Four Star public university in Purba Bardhaman, West Bengal, India. It was established by the West Bengal Government as a teaching and affiliating university on 15 June 1960 with six graduate departments and 30 undergraduate colleges spread over three districts that come under the jurisdiction of the university.
About the Webinar
The International Webinar on Changing Dimensions of Work and Employment Relation: Emerging Paradigm is organised by the Department of Business Administration (Human Resource), University of Burdwan, West Bengal from Sep 29-30, 2020.
In recent times, there is a paradigm shift in the pattern of work and employment relations in organisations across the globe. The global pandemic has severely affected business enterprises and this has resulted in the reshaping of the ways in which business is conducted.
Presently, we are witnessing change in work, employment and organisational practices from multiple perspectives. Changing forms of work, emerging forms of employment, emerging aspects of employment relations, job losses, diminishing social security systems, widening gap between formal and informal sector, etc. are some of the after effects of the global pandemic.
In the light of this perspective, the basic objective of the Webinar would be to deliberate upon the emerging forms of work patterns, employment system and organisational practices that are being adopted by the business enterprises across the globe. The Webinar will consist of invited talks and presentation of research papers on the thrust areas. The following aspects would be part of deliberation and paper presentation during the Webinar:
- The Changing Nature and Redefinition of Work, Work Pattern and Employment
- Emerging Organisational and Workplace Practices
- Emerging issues in Employment Relations and Labour Regulations
- The ‘World of Work’ in the ‘New Normal’
- Human Resource Management Practices in the Emerging Perspective
Abstracts of original works (conceptual or empirical) on the aspects stated above are invited from the interested researchers for presentation in the Webinar. The abstract should be within 300 words, double-spaced, and formatted for A4 size (21 cm x 29.7 cm) paper with 1-inch margins on all four sides. The abstract should be sent by email to email@example.com within 20.09.2020.
- ₹ 300 for Indian participants
- USD 5 for foreign participants from SAARC countries
- USD 10 for other foreign participants
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the webinar through this link.
- E-certificates will be issued to all the registered participants who will attend the Webinar within 10 days of completion of the Webinar.
- Last date to submit abstracts: Sep 20, 2020
- Date of acceptance: Sep 22, 2020
- Last date to register: Sep 25, 2020
Cell no: +919434198025
For more details, click the link below.