About the Webinar
The huge amount of waste generated globally is a major threat to the health and the environment. Waste management can no longer be the responsibility of the municipality alone.
It is important that all stakeholders including individual households, resident welfare association, educational institutes, hotels, malls, railways stations, airports, offices, etc. understand their roles and responsibilities and are begin the change by taking small steps towards better waste management practices. The solutions vary according to the stakeholders requirement and their setup and it is extremely important to understand that one solution does not fit all.
The webinar aims to address the problems in the present waste management scenario and will discuss in depth about the various solutions and practices that can be adopted by the stakeholders to ensure they are compliant as per SWM Rules, 2016 as well as significantly contributing in ensuring a less toxic environment for ourselves and our future generation.
Time Slot: From 11.00 am To 12.00 hours (Forenoon)
- Current waste management practices
- Embracing the universal 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle as the foundation for waste management
- Best waste management solutions for individuals and at household level
- Best waste management practices for bulk generators like RWA, academic institutions, hotels, malls, railway station, etc. which can be converted to zero waste hotspots and can become a model for society to learn and replicate.
- Case studies- Global and Indian examples to lead the way for a more environmentally conscious society
Ms. Shefali Bakshi is the co-founder of Sifar Zaya Environmental Sustainability Trust. She is M.Tech (Gold Medalist) in Environmental Engineering and is strongly passionate about environment and sustainability ecosystem. Having worked as a faculty in an engineering college, an implementation manager, and now as a sociopreneur, she has diverse experiences in the field of Environment Management.
Register to learn
- Present situation on waste management in the country
- Understanding application of 3R in our everyday lives
- Best solutions for individuals and households
- Best practices for bulk generators
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Registration fee: Rs.299