The Department of English, School of Humanities, Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata is organizing an Online Web Conference on Agonies of Nationhood: Cultural Reflections from the Indian Subcontinent from July 31 to August 2, 2020.
The Conference will proffer space for a limited number of participant presentations with a view to engaging in dialogue across the spectrum. The Dept. of English with CLTCS, NSOU will publish an edited volume of Proceedings at a later date in collaboration with a reputed publisher.
Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) is a state open university imparting distance education in eastern India. It was established in 1997 to commemorate the birth centenary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Nation and State in Culturalist Perception
- Contestations of nationhood in contemporary literature, film and other performing arts
- Dissent in Culturalist performativity
- Subcontinental assemblages in culturalist forms: Beyond national identities
- Civil or Political Societies: Cultural dynamics in new narratives of Nationalism(s)
- Polarised media or National Interests: The Dialectic of Nations
- Are distances social or physical: New psychologies of othering
- Environmentalism, Activism, and the State.
The registration fee is Rs. 100/- per participant. Bank details for payment of Registration Fees (Online mode of transfers only): Account Name: CLTCS–NSOU; Bank & Branch: Allahabad Bank; Salt Lake City Branch, Kolkata, India; Account No: 50375446309; IFSC: ALLA0211829
The registration fee is Rs. 100/- per participant. To register online, click here. The last date to register is July 22, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
Web Conference on Agonies of Nationhood: Cultural Reflections from the Indian Subcontinent by NSOU, Kolkata
You might also be interested in CfP: Online Conference On English Learning & Teaching Skills by IEM, Kolkata [Sept 8-12]: Submit by Aug 5.