The We Art Water Film Festival is an international short-film competition organized by the We Are Water Foundation. The aim is to raise awareness and generate notoriety about the world’s water problem.
The We Art Water Film Festival is an international short film festival, organized by the We Are Water Foundation, which aims to recognize and reward the talent of those people with a clear awareness of the water problem in the world and who also know how to express it in their productions.
Its primary goal is to raise awareness of the water problem around the world by means of the creation of audiovisual pieces that address this issue.
Water and Sanitation
Any individual of legal age and from any nationality wishing to contribute to the dissemination of the message of the We Are Water Foundation may participate.
- There are three categories in the short film contest i.e. Micro-documentary, Micro-fiction, and Micro-animation.
- Adress the theme related to access to water and sanitation and its relation to the hygiene, pollution, agriculture, disease, food, education, etc
- Short films must have a duration of one to three minutes (excluding official title cards at beginning and end).
- Audio or texts that form part of the works must be in English or subtitled in English
- They must start and end with the official title cards.
- Dialogues, texts and other linguistic expression contained in the films may be in any language. Any spoken or written language other than English should be subtitled (not doubled) translated into English.
- Must be submitted between October 2, 2017, and April 3, 2018.
How to Register:
All participants in the contest need to register (a) by filling in the form available here and (b) by enclosing the short film to that registration form. The registration shall not be considered made until the short film presented is received by the We Are Water, Fundació Privada. Once the registration has been carried out following all instructions, users will then receive an email with a link that will allow them to validate the registration of the short film at the festival. It will be necessary to fill in a form for each short film presented to the competition.
In this year´s edition, there are a total of 10,000 Euros in awards. By categories there are:
- Best Micro-documentary: 3,000€
- Best Micro-fiction: 3,000€
- Best Micro-animation: 3,000€
- Public Prize: 1,000€
April 3, 2018
Ph. No.: +34 902 105 148