The State Level Essay Competition, 2017-2018 for students of the Government and Government-aided and recognized schools and colleges of this State will be organized by the Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal. Details of the Competition are given below.
The envelope containing the essay along with the duly filled in information sheet as per the proforma is to be superscribed with “State Level Essay Competition, 2017-18” and sent to The Department of Parliamentary Affairs, G-Block, 1st Floor, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700 001 within 18.08.2017.
- Word limit for the essays for participants in both categories is 1500 words. Word limit should be strictly maintained. Essay should be written in one side of the paper only. Any one of the two topics to be chosen by each participant.
- One student can participate in one language only.
- Plagiarism will lead to cancellation of the essay.
- Students must submit their essays in their own handwriting.
- Credit will be given for organized and original thinking and also for quality of presentation with precision. There will be one single ranking taking into account all the essays written in different languages.
- The decision of the competent authority in the Department of Parliamentary Affairs will be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
- In case of two or more candidates securing the same score, the authority reserves the right to divide the prize money amongst the rank holders accordingly.
- Consolation prizes may also be considered by the department over and above the prizes declared above, if there are other commendable contributions beside those adjudged 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- The Department reserves the right to edit and publish and circulate the competition essays in printing or electronic mode.
- Essays received without information sheet or received after the last date may be rejected. The authority is not responsible for any postal/courier delay.
- An information sheet in the given proforma is to be enclosed with the essay as top sheet by stapling/stitching.