Applications are now invited for the Walter Massey Fellowship 2021. The Walter Massey Fellowship is awarded to outstanding scientists and engineers who have recently received their Ph.D. or are in the process of completing degree requirements. This fellowship was established in honor of Argonne’s first Black laboratory director, Dr. Walter Massey, who is a distinguished advocate of equity in science and education.
Walter Massey Fellows will pursue independent research that supports Argonne’s purpose: make game-changing discoveries and inspire new technology to meet national needs for sustainable energy, economic competitiveness, and security.
- Fellows will receive a competitive salary, full employments benefits, and a stipend for research support
- Fellows may renew their appointments on an annual basis for up to 3 years, with the possibility of retention if of mutual interest to the fellow and Argonne.
- Ph.D. conferred within three years at the time of application or completion of Ph.D. requirements by the commencement of the appointment.
- Evidence of academic achievement with potential for technical and research leadership.
- Research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission.
- Interest in leadership and service as evidenced through community outreach, activities to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Creativity and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
How to Apply?
Briefly, complete application packages will include:
- Research proposal and project plan submitted using the research proposal template
- Biosketch submitted using the biosketch template.
- Three letters of recommendation
- CV to be uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts: Refer to application instructions for acceptable format.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 2, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.