Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research Institute of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
The Institute encourages young students in making career in the emerging areas of earth sciences by providing them research guidance with laboratory facility for their M.Sc. /M. Tech. in the form of one to two months short duration Summer Training. For this purpose, applications are invited from aspiring students to carry out Summer Training at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology in the year 2019.
- This is a sponsored fellowship, each student will be paid an amount of Rs. 10,000/- per month for a maximum period of two months or the period they worked in the Institute if it is less than 2 months.
- Summer Training will be provided to post graduate students of geology/geophysics/earth system sciences and other allied fields, and fourth and fifth year students of the integrated Bachelor and Master degree course of these subjects. The summer training is also open to undergraduate students of engineering disciplines, who are appearing in final/last year.
- The application MUST be forwarded through the Head of the Department.
- Self-attested certificates/mark sheets in support of the educational qualifications must be attached with the application form.
- Summer training will be carried out during 15th May to 15th July, 2019.
- Not more than two students will be entertained from the same department/university.
- Selection will be based on Merit.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format and send the hard copy of the duly filled applications with all attachments, complete in all respects to the following address before the due date:
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
33, General Mahadeo Singh Road
Dehra Dun – 248 001 (Uttarakhand)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.