Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is the science of determining numerical solution to the governing equations of fluid flow whilst ‘advancing the solution through time and/or space to obtain numerical description of the complete flow field of interest.
- This summer school will give a platform for the participant in understanding CFD with well-planned theoretical lectures and hands-on-tutorials with commercial tools ANSYS.
- The school will also facilitate to execute academic projects at various stages: Project conceptualization; Literature survey; Model and parameter selection; Geometry development; Mesh generation; Simulation; Post-processing; Result and data analysis; Report writing, etc.
- Understanding of Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer in the context of CFD
- Basics of CFD
- Hands on session with commercial solver (Fluent, ICEM-CFD) with help of tutorials
- Execution of 3 weeks M.Tech level project in a group of 2-3 students or Come with your own project and school will help you in execution.
- Participation certificate
B.Tech/B.E final year students;
M.Tech/M.E; Ph.D. research scholars who want to pursue research in CFD.
Organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology (VNIT) South Ambazari Road, Nagpur-440010 (INDIA).
Participants can register under two categories:
- Category-I: CFD Software Training (May 26 – June 9, 2017)
- Category-II: CFD Software Training & Project Execution (May 26 – June 30, 2017)
Course Fees (Fees is inclusive of service tax (15 %)):
- Within India: Category-I : Rs 12,000; Category-II: Rs 25,000
- Outside of India: Category-I : USD 500; Category-II: USD 1000
- Hostel accommodation charges: Rs. 100/- per day & food charge: Rs. 50/- per meal.
- Last date of pre-registration: April 14, 2017.
- Selected participant list will be displayed on the event web-page by April 17, 2017.
- Due date for fee submission: May 12, 2017.