Vellore Institute of Technology is conducting its Model United Nations Conference (VITMUN) from 6th-8th September 2019.
The Model United Nations Society, VIT works with an aim to familiarise students with international relations while instilling diplomacy, leadership and negotiation skills. MUNs expand the knowledge of global issues and obligate every participant to contribute as tools to solve the same.
Since its first edition in 2009, VITMUN has offered its delegates an unrivalled Model UN experience by running exemplary, engaging and dynamic crisis committees. This is a conference targeted not just to the veterans but even to the new MUNers to engage in a platform of innovative crisis to delegate and discuss solutions on prominent issues.
This year, VIT again looks forward to running committees with an even higher level of ardent debate. With a participation of over 800 delegates last edition, VITMUN 2019 offers you a total of eight committees and specialised agencies of the United Nations which are being simulated at this year’s conference.
- UN General Assembly: Disarmament and International Security Committee (UNGA: DISEC);
- UN General Assembly: Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee (UNGA: SOCHUM);
- High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF);
- UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC);
- Organisation on Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE);
- UN Security Council (UNSC);
- Council to Halt the Annihilation of States (CHAOS – Historic Crisis Committee);
- Lok Sabha (Lower House – Indian Parliament);
With an expected participation of 950+ delegates from India and abroad in conjunction with over five lakh rupees in prize money, the conference is slated to become one of the biggest MUNs in the country.
The first round of delegate applications is live. We request you to submit the forms at the earliest in order to get your preferred allotments.
Delegate Applications: Click Here
Country Matrix: Click Here
Contact Details: Shreyas Ashok Kumar (+91 98453 24003), Shreyans Padmanaban (+91 87780 40390)
For updates and more information, visit this Facebook page.