Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India has granted scholarships under the scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme”.
MeitY has sanctioned 2(Two) Part-time Ph.D fellowships for CSE and 7(Seven) Part-time Ph.D fellowships for ECE and for the academic year 2018-19.
Online Applications are invited from the eligible candidates exclusively in the Departments of Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering, Osmania University for Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D program for the academic year 2018-19.
The Candidates will be selected based on the Entrance Test and merit list only.
Eligibility Criteria for ECE
B.E/B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering) or AMIETE and M.E/M.Tech (ECE)
Eligibility Criteria for CSE
B.E/B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) and M.E/M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering).
Since the test will be conducted for part-time students for the academic year 2018-2019, the Candidate should have at least one year of industrial or Academic / Research experience by 31st July 2018 in Government/ Semi Government/ Quasi Government Organisation or Private Limited Companies.
Part-time candidates who do not avail of a Ph.D Fellowship/Scholarship/Stipend from any Central or State Government shall be given a one-time incentive of Rs. 2.5 lakh on successful completion of the Ph.D degree.
How to apply
- Online application link will be available on this page from April 16.
- Last date of submission of online Application form is May 4, 2019 along with the online payment of Rs.2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- Hall ticket can be downloaded before the Entrance Examination
Online Exam Details
- Online Entrance test will be conducted on 19th May 2019. (Time will be intimated in due course of time)
- Mode of exam: Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Type of questions MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Duration of exam 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 120
- Total marks: 120 mark
- Syllabus for CSE: Click here
- Syllabus for ECE: Click here
The counselling and interaction with admitted students will be held in the last week of May 2019.