Applications are invited for Visiting Fellow- Public Policy at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 December 2021.
JSW-SPP invites applications for Visiting Fellows. The fellowship provides an opportunity to outstanding scholars and practitioners from public policy, public administration, and related fields to undertake research, writing, and scholarly engagements in the field of public policy.
About the School
The JSW School of Public Policy (JSW-SPP) at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) is a centre of excellence in the making. Set up with support from the JSW Group, it seeks to make a distinctive contribution to knowledge about public policy through cutting-edge research on the emerging Indian experience of policy formulation and design, policy choice, and policy impact, and through its educational programs.
Areas under which fellowships are being offered include but are not limited to:
- Digital transformation
- Technology and data regulation
- Skill-building and human capital
- Sustainability including energy policy, water policy, and climate change
- Urban development
- International relations of India
This program is open to the following:
- Academics with regular appointments who wish to spend a sabbatical of up to one year on research
- Experienced practitioners in public policy and related fields
- Independent researchers who are not part of an academic programme, but have a body of work on public policy
Fellows must clearly identify the scope of their contribution during the fellowship. Activities must include one of the following:
- Undertake research that leads to high-quality publications
- Undertake a book project with a reputed publisher
- Write public policy cases
In addition, Fellows can:
- Offer online/offline seminars and workshops
- Contribute to outreach through op-eds, policy briefs, policy blogs, and podcasts
- Contribute to short-duration executive education activities of the school
Applicants must send a complete application package including:
- A complete CV
- A statement of purpose not exceeding 1000 words that:
- Describes the proposed project to be completed during the fellowship
- Describes the specific output for the completed project such as research publication, book, or cases
To ensure full consideration, the package should be sent electronically to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021.
The Visiting Fellowship is for a period of up to one year and Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. Fellows will be required to work from the IIM Ahmedabad campus. They will be able to access the library and computer center as well as a rich community of scholars to facilitate their work. On-campus residential accommodation is not available.