The Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education- TIFR, Mumbai invites applications from interested candidates for the position of Visiting Fellow in the Department of Chemistry.
HBCSE is a National Centre of TIFR carrying out science and mathematics education research from primary school up to undergraduate level.
- The center is looking for competent and committed chemical scientists or teachers holding a Ph.D. degree or fresh Ph.D. candidates to contribute to its Chemistry Education programs such as the Chemistry Olympiad Program, National Initiative in Undergraduate Science, and Teacher Professional Development programs.
- The applicant is expected to have an interest in the development of instructional material both in theoretical and experimental domains of chemistry and in their pedagogical and conceptual foundations.
- The person should also be willing to connect to chemistry teachers’ community in the country to engage them in effective, research-based chemistry education practices and related R & D activities.
- The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates.
Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year. The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs 47,000/- upwards p.m. plus HRA as applicable and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 40,000/- At the end of the fellowship outstanding candidates have a chance to be considered for absorption in the regular academic cadre of HBCSE.
How to Apply?
Candidates are requested to apply by enclosing their bio-data and including the following specific details:
- Date of birth
- Academic record up to Master’s degree
- A one-page description of Ph.D. Work
- Awards and scholarships
- List of publications (with a brief note on the most significant publications)
- Experience in teaching and science popularization
- Names of three referees
- A comment on the state of chemistry education in the country and suggested improvements (In one or two pages)
- A proposal for the project that you would like to take up at HBCSE (In one or two pages)
Candidates are requested to mail their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for receiving applications is April 30, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar/ interview at HBCSE.
Email ID: email@example.com