Applications are invited for the Visiting Fellow (Chemistry) at Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education (HBCSE).
Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education (HBCSE) is a National Centre of TIFR carrying out science and mathematics education research from primary school up to undergraduate level.
- The centre is looking for competent and committed chemical scientists or teachers holding a PhD degree or fresh Ph.D. candidates to contribute to its Chemistry Education programs such as the Chemistry Olympiad Program, National Initiative in Undergraduate Science, and Teacher professional Development programs.
- The applicant is expected to have an interest in development of instructional material both in theoretical and experimental domains of chemistry, and in their pedagogical and conceptual foundations. The person should also be willing to connect to chemistry teachers’ community in the country to engage them in effective, research-based chemistry education practices and related R & D activities.
The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs 47,000/- upwards p.m. plus HRA as applicable and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 40,000/- At the end of the fellowship outstanding candidates have a chance to be considered for absorption in the regular academic cadre of HBCSE.
Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year.
The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the position by enclosing bio-data and including the following specific details:
- Date of birth
- Academic record up to Master’s degree
- One-page description of PhD Work
- Awards and scholarships
- List of publications (with a brief note on the most significant publications)
- Experience in teaching and science popularization
- Names of three referees
- A comment on the state of chemistry education in the country and suggested improvements (In one or two pages).
- A proposal for the project that you would like to take up at HBCSE (In one or two pages)
The last date for receiving applications is February 14, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar/ interview at HBCSE.
Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 14, 2021
For more details, click the link below.