The Azim Premji University, Bangalore invites applications from meritorious for Visiting Faculty positions to teach courses in various thematic areas at the institute.
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works extensively with the public school systems in many states in India, with a clear purpose – to contribute to a just equitable, humane and sustainable society.
- Local Democracy & Governance – Rural & Urban
- Adivasis & Development
- Extreme Weather Events and Human Response
- Urban sustainable development
The candidate will be expected to:
- Teach one or more elective courses as part of the MA-Development program including evaluation of the students.
- The candidate is expected to conduct the course in one of two formats: either a semester-length (16 weeks) course with 3 hours of classes per week or an 8-week format with 4 hours of classes per week.
- If mutually convenient, guide students in summer field apprenticeship and or winter field projects
- Post Graduate qualification in any domain or discipline.
- Relevant experience in development practice in the above areas with some teaching or training experience relevant for postgraduate teaching
- Prior teaching experience at the postgraduate level is desirable but can be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Covering letter indicating a subject area of your interest and a brief one page write up on the course you wish to offer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, reports, policy briefs, films, books or any other)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Completed Information Summary Sheet
To download the application form, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Publication Coordinators at Azim Premji University, Bangalore [2 Vacancies]: Applications Open.