Applications are now open for the TWAS Visiting Expert Programme 2020.
This program provides institutions and research groups in developing countries, especially the Least Developed Countries and those with limited outside contacts, with opportunities to establish long-term links with world leaders in areas of science other than mathematics and physics, and help develop capacity-building in their country.
Under the program, prospective host institutions can invite internationally renowned experts in areas of science other than mathematics and Physics to collaborate in research and training.
- The visiting expert will be expected to interact closely with faculty and students of the host institution with the aim of strengthening its existing activities and/ or assisting in the establishment of new lines of research.
- The visiting expert could also deliver lectures and seminars to research students, supervise students, conduct research, and discuss future collaborative partnerships.
- The visit should have a minimum stay of two weeks at the host institution.
- Applications to renew successful visits will be considered in the following year(s).
- On completion of the visit, the visiting expert and the host institution should provide comprehensive reports outlining the impact the visit has had on the educational and research programs of the host institution.
TWAS will provide the Visiting Expert with the most direct economy class travel (round-trip) while the host institution is expected to cover local expenses.
- Open to institutions and research groups in developing countries, especially the Least Developed Countries;
- Only persons who have attained international recognition in their fields of science will be considered for support under this program.
- Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs.
- Nominations of women will be particularly welcomed.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is October 1, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training 2020 [Funding Available]: Apply by Oct 1.