Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE Gandhinagar) invites applications for Vision 2030- Post Doctoral Fellowship Program for the year 2020. Check out full details for the same below.
Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE), established in 2010 is a brainchild of the then CM of Gujarat Shri Narendra Modi. Their vision is to nurture teachers of tomorrow with the transformative knowledge of Indian tradition and usher in a new era of teacher education, focusing upon the integral development of teachers. Their mission is to provide integrated courses in teacher education, marked and defined by value-education, global outlook, and interdisciplinary.
About the Fellowship
For that a special program called “Vision 2030 – Post Doctoral Fellowship Program” is being launched. The selection for fellowships be done by organising interview or scrutiny exam to be taken on the national level.
The aim of the project will be to concentrate on the following –
- Through the program, the university wants to help the state and country in deciding the education policy.
- Where do we stand as a country in teacher education in comparison to the world.
- The successes of teacher education in India.
- The failures of the teacher education in India.
- What best practices are being implemented across the globe
- Which of these best practices are suitable in the Indian context
- What innovations are taking place in best institutes like Azim Premji university, IIMA and such other places
- Can we develop a model of teacher education?
- Can we make a projection of teacher education in 2030?