The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar is organizing a Virtual Workshop on Ultrasound Contrast Agents from July 22 to 23, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Expose participants to the fundamentals of microbubble engineering for biomedical applications
- Enhance understanding of the participants about the thermodynamics and kinetic processes involved in design and production of stable microbubble suspensions
- Demonstrate methods for acoustic characterization of microbubbles
- Introduce application of microbubbles in cutting-edge biomedical applications such as ultrasound imaging and targeted drug delivery.
This workshop will focus on the design and engineering of microbubbles for biomedical applications, such as ultrasonic imaging and drug delivery. Methods of microbubble synthesis, techniques for microbubble characterization, and issues related to microbubble stability and biocompatibility will be discussed.
The use of ultrasound and microbubbles for therapeutic applications, such as sonoporation, drug-delivery, clot lysis, and opening the blood-brain barrier will also be discussed. In addition to lectures, participants will also be exposed to laboratory sessions focused on microbubble synthesis and characterization.
Registration for the workshop is free.
To register for the workshop, click here. All interested individuals should register online before 18 July 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Online Workshop on Optimization and Intelligence in Electronics Engineering Applications by NIT Silchar [July 26-30]: Register by July 20
- Online Course on Traffic Flow Modelling by IIT Bhubaneswar [July 26-30]: Register by July 21