The Self-Financed One-Week Virtual Short Term Training Program on Computational Fluid Dynamics: Part II (Intermediate Level) is organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVNIT, Surat from Aug 16-20, 2021.
About the Organizer
The institute was initially established as Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology in 1961 and it is elevated to Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology with the status of ‘Deemed University’ on 4th December 2002.
About the Training
The scopes of modelling and simulation have tremendously been increased in the recent years. With the faster growth of high performance computer, it has been possible to solve complex problems of fluid flow and heat transfer. The modelling techniques are also significantly improved because of the ever increasing computing power.
Computational fluid dynamics modelling has now become extremely useful in the design of many thermal systems. The objective of the course is to emphasize the participants with the basic need of modelling for heat transfer problems.
Basic concepts of various computational methods which include the traditional as well emerging methods would be presented. The course also aims at giving the participants an exposure to various complex topics of fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Deeper understanding of Physics through CFD
- Higher-order schemes to Finite Difference Method
- Coupled conduction-radiation modeling (DOM-FVM)
- Multiphase Flow Modeling
- Lattice Boltzmann Method
- Meshless Technique applied to Bioheat Transfer
- Inverse methods to heat transfer problem
- Transport in porous media
- Demonstration on ANSYS-Fluent and/or OPEN- FOAM and/or Code Development
- Student: 500/-
- Faculty/Research Institute: 1000/-
- Industry: 2000/-
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the training through this link.
- Dr. Vipul M. Patel,
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVNIT Surat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 9582701745