The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal is organizing a Virtual Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction from March 19 to 21, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), also known as NITK Surathkal, formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC), is a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore.
It was founded in 1960 as KREC while today, it is one of the 32 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. It has a suburban campus, in close proximity to the Arabian Sea. National Highway 66 runs through the campus and serves as the major mode of access.
This conference envisages providing a platform for researchers to exchange knowledge on disaster risk reduction focussing on the civil engineering perspective. It is important to have the infrastructure resilient to disaster. In addition, civil engineering has the potential to offer solutions that can reduce the risk during a disaster.
The vision of this conference is set in line with the UNDRR chief’s 5-point plan for resilient infrastructure, the 1st agenda of Hon. Prime Minister’s ten-point agenda on DRR – ‘Disaster Resilient Infrastructure’ and UN Sendai Framework as well as UN Sustainable Development Goals SDG#9 and SDG#11.
- Multi-hazard risk resilience
- Disaster Mitigation
- Natural Hazards
- Earthquakes & Tsunami
- Floods & Droughts
- Water Security
- Landslide Prevention
- Manmade Disasters
- Hazard Mapping
- Resilient Infrastructures
- Sustainable Cities
- Retrofitting and Rehabilitation
- Early Warning Systems
- Critical Infrastructure
- Emergency Preparedness
- Traditional Knowledge Systems on DRR
- Covid-19 Infrastructures
- Cloud bursts
Call for Papers
- Authors are invited to submit Abstracts on different themes of the conference on or before 15 November 2020.
- The Abstract/ Paper submission should be done at the Online Conference Service portal of Springer.
- The work presented in the paper should be original and free from plagiarism.
- The accepted papers will be published by Springer in Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering Series as a book chapter (Indexed in Scopus).
- To submit your papers online, click here.
- Last date for Abstract submission: 15 Nov 2020
- Abstract Acceptance: On Rolling basis (Within 10 days of receipt of Abstracts)
- Last date for Paper submission: 15 Dec 2020
- Review reports to authors: 15 Jan 2021
- Revised Paper Submission: 31 Jan 2021
- Final Acceptance:10 Feb 2021
- Final Documents Submission: 20 Feb 2021
- Last date of registration: 28 Feb 2021
Phone Number: +91-90250535546
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.