The Council for the Advancement of Science Writing (CASW), Washington D.C., USA invites nominations for the Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting 2020.
The Council for the Advancement of Science Writing established the Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting in 2000.
The prize, which is given annually, seeks to honor a writer for a body of work published or broadcast within the last five years which, for reasons of uncommon clarity, accuracy, breadth of coverage, enterprise, originality, insight and narrative power, has made a profound and lasting contribution to public awareness and understanding of critical advances in medical science and their impact on human health and well-being.
The honoree receives an award of $3,000 and a certificate. The prize is presented at a joint awards ceremony held in conjunction with ScienceWriters, a conference that combines CASW’s New Horizons in Science briefings and the National Association of Science Writers Annual Workshops. Awardee travel expenses to the award ceremony are covered.
Call for Nominations
- Editors, colleagues, scientists, and others familiar with the candidate’s body of work may proffer nominations.
- Individuals may nominate themselves, but are encouraged to submit at least one letter of support from a knowledgeable colleague.
- Nominators of candidates for the 2020 prize may submit up to five examples of the candidate’s journalistic endeavors, all published or aired since January 2015.
- Books are not eligible.
- Submitted work must be published in English-language media that reach a US audience.
- Letters of nomination should include an assessment of the nominee’s body of work along with a biographical sketch.
- To submit your nominations online, click here.
Letters of support may be uploaded either as part of the nomination package or via a separate submission form provided for recommenders. The last date for submission is June 30, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in National Poetry Competition by The Poetry Society, Arts Council, England [Prizes Upto Rs. 4.5L]: Submit by Oct 31.